One-Patch Table Runner
This easy project, which features Jill Kemp's Twinkle Little Star collection from Red Rooster Fabrics, could be pieced overnight to give as a gift tomorrow.
Inspired by: "Cherries Jubilee" from Designer Jill Finley of Jillily Studio
Quiltmaker: Laura Boehnke
24-assorted print 4-1/2" squares
1/4 yard gold tone-on-tone (inner border)
7/8 yard blue print (outer border, binding)
1-3/8 yards backing fabric
Finished quilt: 22-1/2x42-1/2"
Quantities are for 44/45"-wide, 100% cotton fabrics. Measurements include 1/4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.Download this Project
Cut pieces in the following order.
From gold tone-on-tone, cut:
2-1-1/2x32-1/2" inner border strips
2-1-1/2x14-1/2" inner border strips
From blue print, cut:
4-2-1/2x42" binding strips
2-4-1/2x32-1/2" outer border strips
2-4-1/2x22-1/2" outer border strips
Assemble Table Runner
1. Referring to photo, sew together 24 assorted print 4-1/2" squares in rows. Press seams in one direction, alternating direction with each row.
2. Join rows to make table runner center. Press seams in one direction. The table runner center should be 12-1/2x32-1/2" including seam allowances.
3. Sew long inner border strips to opposite edges of table runner center. Add short inner border strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward border.
4. Sew long outer border strips to opposite edges of table runner center. Add short outer border strips to remaining edges to make table runner top. Press all seams toward outer border. Download this Project
1. Layer table runner top, batting, and backing; baste. Quilt as desired.
2. Bind with blue print binding strips.