Fat Quarter Twin Bed Quilt
Designers: Bill Kerr and Weeks Ringle of FunQuilts
- 11--18x22" pieces (fat quarters) assorted florals (pieced rows)
- 1/2 yard solid pink (pieced rows)
- 4-1/4 yards solid yellow (sashing, border)
- 3/4 yard solid green (binding)
- 5-7/8 yards backing fabric
- 73x105" batting
Finished quilt: 67x98-1/2"
Quantities are for 44/45"-wide, 100% cotton fabrics.
Measurements include 1/4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Cut pieces in the following order. Cut sashing and border strips lengthwise (parallel to selvages).
From each assorted floral, cut:
- 8--7-1/2x4-1/2" rectangles (you'll use 84 of the 88 cut)
From solid pink, cut:
- 72--1-1/2x4-1/2" rectangles
From solid yellow, cut:
- 2--6-1/4x87" border strips
- 2--6-1/4x67" border strips
- 11--4x55-1/2" sashing strips
From solid green, cut:
- 9--2-1/2x42" binding strips
Assemble Pieced Rows
Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, sew together seven assorted floral 7-1/2x4-1/2" rectangles and six solid pink 1-1/2x4-1/2" rectangles to make a pieced row; press seams open. The pieced row should be 4-1/2x55-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make 12 pieced rows total.
Assemble Quilt Center
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out pieced rows and solid yellow 4x55-1/2" sashing strips, alternating placement.
2. Sew together rows and sashing strips to make quilt center. Press seams open. The quilt center should be 55-1/2x87" including seam allowances.
Add solid yellow 6-1/4x87" border strips to long edges of quilt center. Sew solid yellow 6-1/4x67" border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams open.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste.
2. Quilt as desired. Designer Weeks Ringle machine-quilted an allover pebble motif across the quilt top.
3. Bind with solid green binding strips.