Quiltmaker: Mary Pepper
Machine Quilter: Randy Simdorn
- 1 yard total assorted pastel prints, polka dots, and solids (pieced rows)
- 1-3/4 yard floral (sashing and border)
- 1/2 yard solid turquoise (binding)
- 3 yards backing fabric
- 54x65" batting
Finished quilt: 48x58-1/2"
Quantities are for 44/45"-wide, 100% cotton fabrics. Measurements include 1/4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Cut pieces in the following order. Cut sashing and border strips lengthwise (parallel to the selvages).
From assorted pastel print, polka dot, and solid, cut:
- 348--1-1/2x3-1/2" rectangles
From floral, cut:
- 2--5-1/4x58-1/2" border strips
- 5--4-1/2x58-1/2" sashing strips
From solid turquoise, cut:
- 6--2-1/2x42" binding strips
Assemble Pieced Rows
Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out 58 assorted print 1-1/2x3-1/2" rectangles in a row. Sew together rectangles; press seams in one direction to make a pieced row. The pieced row should be 3-1/2x58-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make six pieced rows total.
Assemble Quilt Top
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out pieced rows and floral 4-1/2x58-1/2" sashing strips and 5-1/4x58-1/2" border strips in 13 rows.
2. Sew together rows; press seams in one direction.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste. Quilt as desired.
2. Bind with solid turquoise binding strips.