Bundle of Joy
Designer: Julie Hendricksen of JJ Stitches
Finished size: 28×37"
Yardages and cutting instructions are based on 58" of usable plush fabric width and 42" of usable flannel width.
- 1/4 yard each of solid pink, solid green, and solid lavender plush fabric (quilt top)
- 1/4 yard each of pink stripe, green stripe, and lavender stripe plush fabric (quilt top)
- 3/8 yard lavender print flannel (binding)
- 1 yard flannel backing fabric
- 36×45" batting
Cut pieces in the following order.
From each solid pink, solid green, solid lavender, pink stripe, green stripe, and lavender stripe plush fabric, cut:
- 1—7×28" strip
From lavender print flannel, cut:
- 4—21⁄2×42" binding strips
Assemble Quilt Top
Measurements include 1/2" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out solid pink, pink stripe, solid green, green stripe, solid lavender, and lavender stripe 7×28" strips in a row. Using 1/2" seams, join strips to make quilt top. Finger-press seams in one direction. The quilt top should be 28×37" including seam allowances.
1) Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste.
2) Quilt as desired. Designer Julie Hendricksen stitched an allover heart and scroll pattern across this quilt.
3) Bind with lavender print flannel binding strips.