October 8, 2018 Podcast
The editors chat during the American Patchwork & Quilting podcast.
*BONUS for our podcast subscribers! Get 60% off a subscription to American Patchwork & Quilting. Click here, and use coupon code PODCAST at checkout.
*BONUS for our podcast subscribers! Get 50% off one digital quilt pattern of your choice in our online shop. Visit apqshop.com, and use coupon code PODCAST at checkout.
Products We Love:
- Designer Elizabeth shares her top product picks this month. Shop her product picks below!
- Christmas Figs book by Joanna Figueroa
- Christmas Countdown Kit advent calendar from Sweetwater Designs
- Cotton Cuts subscription box
- Red Scallop Throw based on Bonnie & Camille Basics fabric collection
- Christmas Sewing Assorted Boxed Note Cards
- Cut, Sew, Repeat Magnetic Pin Bowl
- Quilting Pretty Pins
- "Life Is Short" Enamel Pin from Connecting Threads
- Ampersand Water Bottle
- Quilter's Date Keeper by Bonnie Hunter for C&T Publishing
- Designer Alison talks about the "slowing down" trend she's seeing on Instagram, which includes English Paper Piecing, hand-quilting and hand-piecing, and sewing curves.
- Lindsay Mayland, multimedia editor (follow her on Instagram @lindsmayland)
- She shares her favorite tools, how she got starting quilting after college, and what fun things she has planned for American Patchwork & Quilting social media for 2019!
Special LIVE segment:
Try This At Home:
- Editor Joanna challenges our listeners to get out of their creative rut in a fun way! She shares tips for stretching your creativity and jumpstarting their inspiration.
- This month's challenge: Play a game with us to sew something new out of a selection of fabrics! (Instructions on the podcast.)
- Tag pictures of your challenge on Instagram using #APQTryThisAtHome.
- Lisa shares reader-submitted tips about repurposing sewing scraps for holiday gift wrapping and decor. She also gives tips for personalizing gifts this season. See more Reader Tips here.