Episode 481: What We're Obsessed With Now
Listen to the show in the player at the end of this post.
*BONUS for our podcast subscribers! Get 60% off a subscription to American Patchwork & Quilting. Click here to take advantage!
*BONUS for our podcast subscribers! Get 50% off one digital quilt pattern of your choice in our online shop. Visit apqshop.com, and use coupon code PODCAST at checkout.
Thank you to our sponsor, Baby Lock!
What We're Obsessed With Now
Now that the weather is getting cooler and we're spending more time inside our sewing rooms, we wanted to share some things we're obsessed with now. We hope you find something you're excited to add to your quilting life, too!
- Pieced Binding (Lindsay likes to add fun design elements to her quilt with pieced binding.)
- Edge Joiner Foot (Beth uses this special foot for everything from topstitching to joining batting and adding binding by machine.)
- Ice Dying Fabrics (Jody is dying her own fabric and clothing using an interesting dying technique using ice.)
- Knit Fabrics (Joanna is experimenting with making her own clothing using this forgiving and comfortable fabric.)
- Scrappy Quilts (Alison gives tips for pulling fabrics from your stash to get the perfect scrappy look.)
Elizabeth Stumbo chats with Christian Henry of The Featherweight Shop. The Featherweight Shop started in 2005 as a family business, but has since expanded its services and staff. They offer blogs and videos sharing important information on buying and using a Featherweight machine (some popular tutorials are found in their maintenance section of their website), sell parts and enhancements for your machines, and host fun events and sewalongs. Christian (the son of the founders) wears many hats, but his primary role is Featherweight Historian. Christian shares the history of the Featherweight machine, as well as why he thinks this machine has stood the test of time. He shares tips for what to look for when buying a Featherweight machine and what the differences of the machines are. When it comes to products, their store has it all! Christian shares some of the most popular products sold, including grease for the motor, 1/4" feet, seam guide, and thread post.