Wrapped Present Card
Designer: Linda Lum DeBono
- 5-1⁄2x4" rectangle olive green cardstock
- 6x9" rectangle purple cardstock
- 2-4" square white cardstock
- 5-1⁄2x4" rectangle gold print
- 3-1⁄2" square of red print
- 3-1⁄2" square of green print
- Lightweight fusible web
- Pinking shears
- 3-D foam tape
Finished card: 6x4-1⁄2"
To use iron-on fusible web for appliquéing, complete the following steps.
1. Lay fusible web, paper side up, over patterns. Use a pencil to trace each pattern the number of times indicated in cutting instructions, leaving 1⁄2" between tracings. Cut out each fusible-web shape roughly 1⁄4" outside traced lines.
2. Following manufacturer's instructions, press fusible-web shapes onto wrong sides of designated fabrics; let cool. Cut out fabric shapes on drawn lines. Peel off paper backings.
From olive green felt, cut:
- 1 each of patterns N and E
- 1 each of patterns O and L
1. Apply fusible web to a gold print 5-1⁄2x4" rectangle; let cool. Using pinking shears, trim rectangle to 4-3⁄4x3-1⁄4". Remove paper backing; center and fuse onto an olive green cardstock 5-1⁄2x4" rectangle.
2. Fold a purple cardstock 6x9" rectangle in half to make a 6x4-1⁄2" card. Center and glue olive green rectangle to card front.
3. Apply fusible web to red print and lime green print 3-1⁄2" squares. Fuse each fabric square to a white cardstock 4" square. From the red fused cardstock square, trace and cut a Pattern A present. From the lime green fused cardstock square, trace and cut a Pattern B bow. Click on "Download this Project" above for the patterns.
4. Use scraps of fusible web to adhere bow to present. Use 3-D foam tape to adhere present to card front.