Designer: Kathleen Malarky
- 1/8 yard holiday-theme print (This is enough for 2 or 3 washcloths.)
- 1/4 yard holiday-theme print (This is enough for 2 hand towels or 1 bath towel.)
- Bath towel, hand towel, and washcloth
- Matching or contrasting thread
Before cutting, wash fabric and towels to preshrink them. Towel sizes may vary depending on manufacturer. If your towel doesn't match our specifications, cut print rectangles to width of towel plus 1" for turning ends under.
From holiday-theme print, cut:
- 1—2-3/4 ×14" rectangle for 13"-wide washcloth
- 1—5-1/2 ×17" rectangle for 16"-wide hand towel
- 1—7-1/2 ×31" rectangle for 30"-wide bath towel
Add Decorative Bands to Towels
1) Turn long edges of each holiday-theme print rectangle under 1/4"; press. Center rectangle on one end of washcloth or towel, about 1" from hem, and pin in place. Turn ends of print rectangle under 1/2" and pin.
TIP: Use long pins that have large heads (such as flower head pins) so they won't get lost in the pile of the towel while you are sewing.
2) Select a decorative stitch, such as a buttonhole stitch, on your sewing machine. Using matching or contrasting thread, sew along all edges of holiday-theme print rectangles to secure them.