Festive Star Card
This card will be the star of everyone's holiday mail this year. Fun sequins add a touch of color to an oversize star. Capture the season's sentiments with printed words.
Designer: Linda Lum DeBono
6-1⁄2x9" rectangle olive green cardstock
3-3⁄4x5-3⁄4" rectangle red print
Scraps of gold print
Scraps of white solid
Lightweight fusible web
Finished card: 4-1⁄2x6-1⁄2"
Cut pieces in the following order. Click on "Download this Project" above to get the pattern pieces.
To use iron-on fusible web for appliquéing, complete the following steps.
1. Lay fusible web, paper side up, over patterns. Use a pencil to trace each pattern the number of times indicated in cutting instructions, leaving 1⁄2" between tracings. Cut out each fusible-web shape roughly 1⁄4" outside traced lines.
2. Following manufacturer's instructions, press fusible-web shapes onto wrong sides of designated fabrics; let cool. Cut out fabric shapes on drawn lines. Peel off paper backings.
From gold print, cut:
1 of Pattern A
1. Fold olive green cardstock 6-1⁄2x9" rectangle in half to make a 4-1⁄2x6-1⁄2" card. Center red print 3-3⁄4x5-3⁄4" rectangle on front of card; zigzag-stitch in place with red thread.
2. Fuse a gold print Pattern A star to card front. Glue sequins to star.
3. Print the words "merry," "festive," and "jolly" on fabric or paper. This card used printed words in red and green type on white fabric. Trim close to edges of words. Adhere words to card by straight-stitching ends with red thread.