Be Merry Christmas Card
Decorate a Christmas tree with seasonal embellishments and a bright star on top for the perfect holiday greeting card. A cheerful printed message makes each card easy to personalize.
Designer: Linda Lum DeBono
4x5-1⁄2" piece white cardstock
6x9" piece red cardstock
Scraps of assorted prints: lime green, yellow, and white
Lightweight fusible web
Finished card: 4-1⁄2x6"
Cut pieces in the following order. Click on "Download this Project" above to get the pattern pieces.
To use iron-on fusible web for appliquéing, complete the following steps.
1. Lay fusible web, paper side up, over patterns. Use a pencil to trace each pattern the number of times indicated in cutting instructions, leaving 1⁄2" between tracings. Cut out each fusible-web shape roughly 1⁄4" outside traced lines.
2. Following manufacturer's instructions, press fusible-web shapes onto wrong sides of designated fabrics; let cool. Cut out fabric shapes on drawn lines. Peel off paper backings.
From green print, cut:
1 of Pattern A
From yellow print, cut:
1 of Pattern B
1. Fuse a lime green Pattern A tree and a gold Pattern B star onto white cardstock 4x5-1⁄2" rectangle.
2. Lower the feed dogs on your sewing machine. With green thread, free- motion-stitch swirls to create branches and a trunk.
3. Print "be merry" on fabric or paper. This card features printed words in white type with a black background on white fabric. Trim to a 5⁄8x1-5⁄8" rectangle. Use scraps of fusible web to adhere rectangle just below tree.
4. Fold red cardstock 6×9" rectangle in half to make a 4-1⁄2x6" card. Center and glue embellished white rectangle to card front.