Simple Shower Curtain
- 4-5/8 yards donkey print for the curtain
- One package curtain rings with attached hanger clips
- Purchased waterproof shower curtain liner
Finished curtain: 72" square
Yardages and cutting instructions are based on 42" of usable fabric width.
Measurements include 1/4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
From the donkey print, cut:
- 2--39-1/2x81" rectangles
Assemble the Shower Curtain:
1. Using a 1/2" seam allowance and with right sides together, sew the rectangles along a pair of long edges to make a 77×81" pieced rectangle. Zigzag-stitch the seam allowances to prevent fraying. Press the seam in one direction.
2. With wrong side inside, fold a long edge over 1-1/2"; press.
3. Fold the same long edge over another 1-1/2"; press again.
4. Topstitch (sew a straight line) along the first folded edge to hem.
5. Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 on the remaining long edge and the top edge of the pieced rectangle.
6. With wrong side inside, fold bottom edge over 3"; press. Fold same edge over another 3"; press again. Topstitch just inside the first folded edge to hem as you did before.
7. Reinforce top and bottom corners by stitching an X in each corner to complete your shower curtain.
8. To hang your shower curtain, slide curtain rings on shower rod and clip curtain and waterproof liner together.