Stylish Sunglasses Case
Use scraps to piece a protective case for your favorite sunglasses.
Designer: Alison Gamm
1. Join sixteen 1×11" batik scraps; trim unit to 8×11".
2. Layer batting, pieced unit (right side up), and batik 8×11" rectangle (right side down); baste layers together.
3. Trace around a glass to make rounded corners on one end; trim. Sew 1⁄4" from edges, leaving 3" opening. Clip into seam allowance around curves.
4. Turn Step 3 unit right side out. Push out corners using eraser end of a pencil. Press unit flat. Whipstitch opening closed.
5. With batik side up, fold up bottom section 3-1⁄2". Using a denim needle, topstitch 1⁄8" from each side edge to make pocket.
6. Mark 3-3⁄4" from one side edge and 1-1⁄2" down from top edge of pocket. Make a second mark 3-3⁄4" from side edge and 3⁄4" down from top edge of flap. Separate snap; center a snap half over each mark and whipstitch in place.