1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each white-and-silver print 1-1⁄2" square.
2. Align a marked white-and-silver print 1-1⁄2" square with one corner of a blue print 4-1⁄2" square (Diagram 1; note direction of drawn line). Sew on drawn line. Trim excess, leaving 1⁄4" seam allowance. Press open attached triangle.
3. Repeat Step 2 to add marked squares to remaining three corners of blue print square to make a Snowball unit (Diagram 1). The unit should be 4-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make six Snowball units total.
5. Referring to Diagram 2, position a white-and-silver print A snowflake on a Snowball unit and fuse in place to make a snowflake block. Repeat to make six snowflake blocks total.
6. Using silver metallic thread, machine-blanket-stitch around each snowflake shape.
7. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, join three snowflake blocks and two blue plaid 1-1⁄2 ×4-1⁄2" sashing rectangles to make a snowflake row. Press seams away from blocks. The row should be 14-1⁄2 ×4-1⁄2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second snowflake row.