Assemble Louisiana Blocks
1. For one Louisiana block, gather four large triangles from one floral or geometric, eight small triangles from an assorted solid (yellow, blue, green, teal, pink, red, or green), and four solid yellow 2-3/4x5" rectangles.
2. Sew an assorted solid small triangle to short edge of an assorted floral or geometric large triangle (Diagram 1). Press small triangle open. Add a matching small triangle to remaining short edge to make a Flying Geese unit. Press small triangle open. The unit should be 5x2-3/4" including seam allowances.
3. Repeat Step 2 to make four matching Flying Geese units total.
4. Sew a solid yellow 2-3/4x5" rectangle to point edge of a Flying Geese unit to make a quarter block unit (Diagram 2). Press seam toward Flying Geese unit. Repeat to make four matching quarter block units total.
5. Referring to Diagram 3, sew together quarter block units in pairs. Press seams in opposite directions. Join pairs to make a yellow Louisiana block. Press seam in one direction. The block should be 9-1/2" square including seam allowances.
6. Repeat steps 1–5 to make four yellow Louisiana blocks total.
7. Using solid blue instead of solid yellow, repeat steps 1–5 to make four blue Louisiana blocks.