Assemble Bow Tie Blocks
1. Sew together a cream floral 2-3⁄4x42" strip and a blue print 2-3⁄4x42" strip to make a strip set (Diagram 11). Press seam toward blue print strip. Cut strip sets into eight 2-3⁄4"-wide segments.
2. Referring to Diagram 12, sew together two 2-3⁄4"-wide segments to make a blue Four-Patch unit. Press seam in one direction. The Four-Patch unit should be 5" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four blue Four-Patch units total.
3. Referring to Diagram 13, position a prepared solid green bow tie center appliqué on a blue Four-Patch unit. Following manufacturer’s instructions, fuse appliqué in place. Using green thread, machine-blanket-stitch around appliqué edges to make a blue bow tie unit. Repeat to make four blue bow tie units total.
4. Sew together two cream floral 5" squares and two bow tie units in pairs (Diagram 14). Press seams toward cream floral squares. Join pairs to make a blue bow tie block. Press seam in one direction. The block should be 9-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second blue bow tie block.
5. Using pink print instead of blue print, repeat steps 1–4 to make two pink bow tie blocks total.