Assemble Quilt Top & Finish Quilt
Assemble Quilt Top
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out red polka dot sashing strips and the appliquéd blocks in five rows.
2. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward sashing strips.
3. Join rows to make quilt top. Press seams toward sashing strips.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste.
2. Quilt as desired. Designer Debbie Busby hand-quilted 1/4" inside each block and sashing strip. She also stitched in a diagonal grid pattern across the tan background of each block.
3. Trim batting even with quilt top, being careful not to cut through backing. Fold backing, wrong sides together, 1/2" around all edges and press. Fold under sides again 1/2" and pin to quilt top. Fold top and bottom again 1/2" and pin to quilt top. Using a blind stitch, sew around all four edges to bind quilt.