1. For one Churn Dash block, gather the following: two 2-7/8" squares and five 1-1/2" squares from the same green or turquoise print and two 1-1/2" squares and four 2-7/8" squares from the same brown print.
2. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each green or turquoise print 2-7/8" square.
3. Layer each marked square atop a brown print 2-7/8" square. Sew each pair together with two seams, stitching 1/4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 1).
4. Cut a pair apart on drawn line to make two triangle units (Diagram 1). Open triangle units; press seams toward brown print to make two triangle-squares. Each triangle-square should be 2-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat with remaining pair to make four matching triangle-squares total.
5. Join a green or turquoise print 1-1/2" square and a brown print 1-1/2" square to make a rectangle unit (Diagram 2). Press seam toward brown print. The unit should be 1-1/2x2-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make four rectangle units total.
6. Referring to Diagram 3, sew together triangle-squares, rectangle units, and remaining green or turquoise print 1-1/2" square in three rows. Press seams away from rectangle units. Join rows to make a Churn Dash block. Press seams in one direction. The block should be 5-1/2" square including seam allowances.
7. Repeat steps 1–6 to make 12 Churn Dash blocks total.