Assemble & Add Border No. 2
1. Use a pencil to draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of 13 assorted print 6-7/8" squares. (To prevent fabric from stretching as you draw the lines, place 220-grit sandpaper under each square.)
2. Layer a marked square atop an unmarked square of a different print. Sew pair together with two seams, stitching 1/4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 1).
3. Cut pair apart on drawn line to make two triangle units (Diagram 2). Press each triangle unit open, pressing seam toward darker print, to make two triangle-squares. Each triangle-square should be 6-1/2" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 26 triangle-squares total.
5. Join seven triangle-squares in a row to make a long border No. 2 strip (Quilt Assembly Diagram). Press seams in one direction. The long border No. 2 strip should be 6-1/2x42-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second long border No. 2 strip.
6. Sew together six triangle-squares to make a short border No. 2 strip. Press seams in one direction. The short border No. 2 strip should be 6-1/2x36-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second short border No. 2 strip.
7. Join long border No. 2 strips to long edges of quilt center. Sew short border No. 2 strips to remaining edges. Press seams toward border No. 1. The quilt center should now be 36-1/2x54-1/2" including seam allowances.