Assemble Section B
1. Cut yellow crosshatch, brown stripe, orange crosshatch, blue dot, yellow kitchen print, and white orange peel print 5-1⁄4" squares diagonally twice in an X to make four small triangles from each fabric.
2. Cut orange teacup print, blue tone-on-tone, and brown kitchen print 4-7⁄8" squares in half diagonally to make four large triangles from each fabric.
3. Referring to Diagram 4, join two different-color small triangles. Press seam toward darker color. Add a large triangle to make a pinwheel subunit. Press seam toward large triangle. The subunit should be 4-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four matching pinwheel subunits.
4. Sew together four pinwheel subunits in pairs (Diagram 5). Press seams in opposite directions. Join pairs to make a pinwheel unit. Press seam in one direction. The pinwheel unit should be 8-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make three pinwheel units total.
6. Referring to Section B Assembly Diagram, join brown stripe 1-1⁄2 ×8-1⁄2" strips, pinwheel units, and blue dot 4-1⁄2 ×8-1⁄2" rectangle in a vertical row. Press seams toward brown stripe strips. The section should be 8-1⁄2 ×32-1⁄2" including seam allowances.