1. Referring to Diagram 1, join an assorted aqua 3-1⁄2" square and a solid gray 2×3-1⁄2" strip. Press seam toward solid gray.
2. Add a solid gray 2×5" strip to left-hand edge of Step 1 unit (Diagram 2). Press seam toward just-added strip.
3. Add an aqua print 2×5" strip to bottom edge of Step 2 unit (Diagram 3). Press as before.
4. Sew an aqua print 2×6-1⁄2" strip to right-hand edge of Step 3 unit (Diagram 4). Press as before.
5. Referring to Diagram 5, continue adding strips in counterclockwise order to make an aqua Log Cabin block. Press all seams away from center. The block should be 12-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
6. Repeat steps 1–5 to make 10 aqua Log Cabin blocks total.
7. Using assorted orange print strips and remaining solid gray strips, repeat steps 1–5 to make 10 orange Log Cabin blocks total.