Make Flying Geese Units
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of 36 aqua houndstooth print 3-1/2x4-3/8" rectangles (Diagram 1).
2. Using an acrylic ruler and rotary cutter, on one rectangle trim 1/4" beyond drawn line to make a piece A (Diagram 2); discard trimmed triangle. Repeat to make 36 A pieces total.
3. Drawing the diagonal line in the opposite direction, repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 36 B pieces total (Diagram 3).
4. Referring to Diagram 4, on top edge of each aqua floral 3-1/2x7-1/2" rectangle mark two dots, each 3-1/8" from corner.
5. Place a houndstooth print piece A on left-hand end of an aqua floral rectangle, aligning ends of drawn line with right-hand dot and bottom left-hand corner (Diagram 5). Sew on marked line. Press open attached A piece (Diagram 6).
6. In same manner, align a houndstooth print B piece with right-hand end of same aqua floral rectangle (Diagram 7). Sew on marked line and press open as before to make a Flying Geese unit (Diagram 8). (The aqua floral triangle will "float" in the finished unit.) The Flying Geese unit should be 7-1/2x3-1/2" including seam allowances.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make 36 Flying Geese units total.