1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each yellow print and orange print 2-1/2" square.
2. Align a marked yellow print square with one end of a black tone-on-tone 2-1/2x4-1/2" rectangle (Diagram 4; note direction of drawn line). Sew on drawn line. Trim excess fabric, leaving a 1/4" seam allowance. Press open attached triangle. In same manner, add a second marked yellow print square to opposite end of black tone-on-tone rectangle. Stitch, trim, and press as before to make a Flying Geese unit. The unit should be 4-1/2x2-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make 20 Flying Geese units total.
3. Referring to Diagram 5, join two yellow print 1-1/2x2-1/2" rectangles and one Flying Geese unit to make a star point unit. Press seams toward yellow print rectangles. The star point unit should be 6-1/2x2-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make 20 star point units total.
4. Referring to Diagram 6, lay out an orange block center, four star point units, and four black tone-on-tone 2-1/2" squares in three rows. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams away from star point units. Join rows to make a Starry Lane A block. Press seams toward block center. The A block should be 10-1/2" square including seam allowances.
5. Repeat steps 2–4 to make five Starry Lane A blocks total.
6. Using marked orange print 2-1/2" squares, remaining black tone-on-tone 2-1/2x4-1/2" rectangles, orange print 1-1/2x2-1/2" rectangles, yellow block centers, and black tone-on-tone 2-1/2" squares, repeat steps 2–4 to make four Starry Lane B blocks total.