1. For one Buckeye Beauty unit, gather two matching triangle-squares and two turquoise Four-Patch units.
2. Referring to Diagram 4, lay out triangle-squares and Four-Patch units in pairs. Sew together pieces in each pair; press seams toward Four-Patch units. Join pairs to make a turquoise Buckeye Beauty unit; press seam as in Assemble Four-Patch Units, Step 2. The turquoise Buckeye Beauty unit should be 6-1/2" square including seam allowances.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make two matching turquoise Buckeye Beauty units total.
4. Using brown Four-Patch units instead of turquoise, repeat steps 1 and 2 to make two brown Buckeye Beauty units.
5. Referring to Diagram 5, lay out two turquoise and two brown Buckeye Beauty units in pairs, rotating units as shown. Join units in each pair. Press seams in opposite directions.
6. Join pairs to make a block; press seam as in Assemble Four-Patch Units, Step 2. The block should be 12-1/2" square including seam allowances.
7. Repeat steps 1–6 to make four blocks total.