Assemble A Blocks
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each pink floral 4-3/4" square.
2. Layer a marked pink floral square atop each green polka-dot 4-3/4" square. Sew together each pair with two seams, stitching 1/4" on either side of drawn line (Diagram 1). Cut each pair apart on drawn line to make two triangle units. Press triangle units open, pressing seams toward green polka dot, to make 10 green polka-dot triangle-squares. Each triangle-square should be 4-3/8" square including seam allowances.
3. Referring to Diagram 2, cut each green polka-dot triangle-square in half diagonally to make 20 green polka-dot triangle units total.
4. Using green print 4-3/4" squares instead of green polka-dot squares, repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 20 green print triangle units total (Diagram 3).
5. Referring to Diagram 4, join a green polka-dot triangle unit and a green print triangle unit to make a small hourglass unit. Press seam in one direction. The unit should be 4" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 20 small hourglass units total.
6. Join yellow tone-on-tone small triangles to two adjacent edges of a turquoise floral 1-3/4" square to make a corner unit (Diagram 5). Press seams toward triangles. Repeat to make 20 corner units total.
7. Lay out four small hourglass units, four yellow tone-on-tone medium triangles, and one red floral No. 1 -- 4" square in diagonal rows (Diagram 6). Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams away from hourglass units.
8. Join rows; press seams in one direction. Add four corner units to make an A block (Diagram 6). Press seams away from corner units. The block should be 10-1/2" square including seam allowances.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 to make five A blocks total.