Inspired by Ladies in Red from designer Annette Plog
Quilt tester: Laura Boehnke
Although each block is made from just two fabrics, designer Laura Boehnke’s wall hanging has visual complexity because she interspersed medium-value prints among the lights and the darks. To get the same effect, substitute medium prints for select lights and darks.
• 18—9×21" pieces (fat eighths) or 9—1⁄4-yard pieces assorted light prints (blocks)
• 18—9×21" pieces (fat eighths) or 9—1⁄4-yard pieces assorted dark prints (blocks)
• 5⁄8 yard solid black (setting and corner triangles)
• 1⁄4 yard teal print (inner border)
• 2⁄3 yard gray print (outer border)
• 1⁄2 yard binding fabric
• 2-7⁄8 yards backing fabric
• 51×61" batting
Finished quilt: 42-1⁄4×52-7⁄8"
Finished block: 7-1⁄2" square
Yardages and cutting instructions are based on 42" of usable fabric width.
Measurements include 1⁄4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated. Press seams in directions indicated by arrows on diagrams. If no direction is specified, press seam toward darker fabric.