1. Sew tan tone-on-tone 1x4-1/2" strips to opposite edges of a panel print 4-1/2" square. Add tan tone-on-tone 1x5-1/2" rectangles to remaining edges to make a framed square unit (Diagram 1). Press all seams toward strips. The framed square unit should be 5-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 12 framed square units total.
2. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each green print 1-1/2" square.
3. Align a marked green print square with bottom left-hand corner of a red floral 5-1/2x2-1/2" rectangle (Diagram 2; note direction of drawn line). Stitch on marked line; trim seam allowances to 1/4". Press open attached triangle.
4. Align a second marked green print square with bottom right-hand corner of same rectangle. Stitch, trim, and press as before to make a red rectangle unit (Diagram 3). The unit still should be 5-1/2x2-1/2" including seam allowances.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 48 red rectangle units total.
6. Referring to Diagram 4, sew together four red floral 2-1/2" squares, four red rectangle units, and a framed square unit in three rows. Press seams toward red floral squares and framed square unit.
7. Join rows to make a block; press seams in one direction. The block should be 9-1/2" square including seam allowances.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 to make 12 blocks total.