Assemble and Add Borders
1. Cut and piece brown geometric batik 2x42" strips to make:
2—2x50-1/2" inner border strips
2—2x30-1/2" inner border strips
2. Cut and piece teal circle batik 3-1/2x42" strips to make:
2—3-1/2x50-1/2" outer border strips
2—3-1/2x30-1/2" outer border strips
3. Join a long inner border strip and a long outer border strip to make a long border unit. Press seam toward inner border strip. Repeat to make a second long border unit. Sew long border units to long edges of quilt center. Press seams toward border units.
4. Sew together a short inner border strip and a short outer border strip; press seam toward inner border strip. Add teal circle batik 5" squares to ends of joined strips to make a short border unit. Press seams toward squares. Repeat to make a second short border unit.
5. Sew short border units to remaining edges of quilt center to complete quilt top. Press seams toward border units.