Assemble B Blocks
1. Sew together an assorted light multicolor batik 3x42" strip and a brown geometric batik 3x42" strip to make a strip set (Diagram 7). Press seam toward brown strip. Repeat to make a second strip set. Cut strip sets into 16—3"-wide segments.
2. Sew together a 3"-wide segment and an assorted light multicolor batik 3x5-1/2" rectangle to make a three-patch unit (Diagram 8). Press seam toward rectangle. The unit should be 5-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 16 three-patch units total.
3. Center a prepared teal-and-brown batik B circle appliqué on a cream batik 5-1/2" square; baste or pin in place (Diagram 9). Using clear monofilament thread and a narrow blind-hem stitch, sew around appliqué edges to make a teal circle unit. Repeat to make eight teal circle units total.
4. Using prepared purple batik B circle appliqués, repeat Step 3 to make eight purple circle units.
5. Referring to Diagram 10, sew together two three-patch units, a teal circle unit, and a purple circle unit in pairs. Press seams toward circle units. Join pairs to make block B. Press seam in one direction. Block B should be 10-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make eight B blocks total.