Assemble Quilt Top
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, alternate blocks, rotating them as shown, in four vertical rows.
2. Sew together blocks in rows. Press seams in one direction, alternating direction with each row. Join rows to complete quilt center. Press seams in one direction. The quilt center should be 40-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
3. Cut and piece blue polka dot 2-1⁄2×42" strips to make:
• 2—2-1⁄2 ×44-1⁄2" border strips
• 2—2-1⁄2 ×40-1⁄2" border strips
4. Sew short blue polka dot border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add long blue polka dot border strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward border.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste.
2. Quilt as desired. Handi Quilter Studio Educator Kerri Rawlins chose a design called Cat Eyes to complement the circles in the border fabric (Quilting Diagram). This design gives the quilt some texture and movement.
3. Bind with dark blue tone-on-tone binding strips.