Assemble Quilt Top
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, sew together blocks in pairs. Press seams in opposite directions. Join pairs to make quilt center. Press seam in one direction. The quilt center should be 28-3/4" square including seam allowances.
2. Cut and piece green tone-on-tone 2-1/2x42" strips to make:
2—2-1/2x45-3/4" inner border strips
2—2-1/2x28-3/4" inner border strips
3. Sew green tone-on-tone 2-1/2x28-3/4" inner border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add orange print 7x28-3/4" outer border strips to same edges. Press seams toward outer border.
4. Sew green tone-on-tone 2-1/2x45-3/4" inner border strips to remaining edges of quilt center. Press seams toward inner border.
5. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, join two orange print 7" squares, two green tone-on-tone 2-1/2x7" rectangles, and an orange print 7x28-3/4" strip to make a long outer border strip. Press seams toward green tone-on-tone. Repeat to make a second long outer border strip.
6. Sew long outer border strips to green tone-on-tone inner border strips to complete quilt top. Press seams toward outer border.