Assemble and Add Border
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of tan print and brown print 3" squares.
2. Layer a marked tan print square atop a gold print 3" square. Sew together with two seams, stitching 1/4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 11). Cut apart on drawn line to make two triangle units. Press each triangle unit open, pressing seam away from tan print triangle, to make two tan triangle-squares. Each should be 2-5/8" square including seam allowances. Using remaining gold, blue, green, pink, light blue, rust, and light green 3" squares, repeat to make 28 tan triangle-squares total.
3. Using marked brown print squares and red print 3" squares, repeat Step 2 to make four brown triangle-squares.
4. Join seven tan triangle-squares in a row to make a short border strip (Quilt Assembly Diagram). Press seams in one direction. The strip should be 2-5/8x15-3/8" including seam allowances. Repeat to make four short border strips total.
5. Sew two brown triangle-squares to a short border strip to make a long border strip (Quilt Assembly Diagram; note position of brown print triangles). Press seams toward brown triangle-squares. The strip should be 2-5/8x19-5/8" including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second long border strip.
6. Sew short border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add long border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward quilt center.