Assemble Quilt Top
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out blocks, hourglass sashing units, cream floral 5" sashing squares, and cream floral large and small setting triangles in seven diagonal rows.
2. Sew together each pair of hourglass sashing units. Press seams in one direction. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward sashing units.
3. Join rows; press seams in one direction. Add cream floral corner triangles to complete quilt center. Press seams toward corner triangles. The quilt center should be 38-1⁄2" including seam allowances.
4. Sew mottled brown 1-1⁄2×38-1⁄2" inner border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add mottled brown 1-1⁄2×40-1⁄2" border strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward border.
5. Cut and piece teal floral 5×42" strips to make:
• 2—5×49-1⁄2" outer border strips
• 2—5×40-1⁄2" outer border strips
6. Sew short teal floral outer border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add long teal floral outer border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward outer border.