Assemble Star Units
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each black dot print 1-3/8" square.
2. Align a marked black dot print square with one end of a mottled pink 1-3/8x2-1/4" rectangle (Diagram 1; note direction of drawn line). Sew on marked line, then trim seam allowance to 1/4". Press open attached triangle.
3. Align a second marked black dot print square with opposite end of rectangle. Stitch, trim, and press as before to make a pink Flying Geese unit. The unit should be 1-3/8x2-1/4" including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 80 pink Flying Geese units total. Using mottled lime green rectangles instead of mottled pink, repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 64 green Flying Geese units total.
5. Referring to Diagram 2, sew together four mottled pink 1-3/8" squares, four pink Flying Geese units, and one black circle print 2-1/4" square in three rows. Press seams toward squares. Join rows to make a pink Sawtooth Star unit. Press seams toward middle row. The unit should be 4" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 20 pink Sawtooth Star units total. Using mottled lime green 1-3/8" squares, yellow Flying Geese units, and lime green circle print 2-1/4" squares, repeat to make 16 green Sawtooth Star units total.