Assemble House Block 4
1. Sew together blue print 4-1/2" square and red print 4-1/2x5-1/2" rectangle to make house unit (Diagram 12). Press seam in one direction. The unit should be 9-1/2x4-1/2" including seam allowances.
2. Referring to Diagram 13, align blue print 2-1/2x4-1/2" rectangle with left-hand end of brown print 2-1/2x7-1/2" rectangle. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on blue print rectangle as shown. Stitch, trim, and press as before to make roof subunit.
3. Align a marked tan tone-on-tone 2-1/2" square with each end of roof subunit (Diagram 14). Stitch, trim, and press each square as before to make roof unit. The unit should be 9-1/2x2-1/2" including seam allowances.
4. Sew together two tan tone-on-tone 1-1/2x2-1/2" rectangles, two brown print 1-1/2" squares, and one tan tone-on-tone 1-1/2x3-1/2" rectangle in a row to make chimney unit (Diagram 15). Press seams toward brown print squares. The unit should be 9-1/2x1-1/2" including seam allowances.
5. Referring to Diagram 16, sew together house, roof, and chimney units to make House Block 4. Press seams in one direction. The block should be 9-1/2x7-1/2" including seam allowances.
6. Arrange two brown print F windows on House Block 4; fuse in place. Using black perle cotton, blanket-stitch around windows.