Assemble Quilt Top
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram for block orientation, lay out blocks in eight rows. Sew together blocks in each row. Press seams in one direction, alternating direction with each row. Join rows to make quilt center. Press seams in one direction. The quilt center should be 36-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
2. Sew orange print 1×36-1⁄2" inner border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add orange print 1×37-1⁄2" inner border strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward inner border.
3. Cut and piece blue wave print strips to make:
• 2—5×461⁄2" outer border strips
• 2—5×371⁄2" outer border strips
4. Sew short outer border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add long outer border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward outer border.