Assemble and Add Borders
1. Sew short white print inner border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Join long white print inner border strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward inner border strips.
2. Fold a pink stripe 2" square in half diagonally to make a triangle; press (Diagram 1). Fold triangle in half again so all raw edges are together; press to make a prairie point.
3. Repeat Step 2 to make 80 prairie points total. Pin 20 prairie points along each edge of quilt center (Diagram 2); baste.
4. Sew short pink plaid outer border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Join long pink plaid outer border strips to remaining edges to complete the quilt top. Press all seams toward outer border strips.
5. Embellish quilt center with assorted pink and white buttons.