1. Sew together a red print 2x42" strip and a cream print 2x42" strip to make a strip set (Diagram 1). Press seam toward red print. Repeat to make two strip sets total. Cut strip sets into thirty-six 2"-wide red segments.
2. Sew together two 2"-wide segments to make a red Four-Patch unit (Diagram 2). Press seam in one direction. The unit should be 3-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 18 red Four-Patch units total.
3. Using a blue print 2x42" strip and remaining cream print 2x42" strip, repeat Step 1 to make eighteen 2"-wide blue segments. Then repeat Step 2 to make nine blue Four-Patch units.
4. Referring to Diagram 3, lay out two red floral 3-1⁄2" squares, four mosaic print 3-1⁄2" squares, and three red Four-Patch units in three horizontal rows. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward mosaic print squares. Join rows to make a red block. Press seams in one direction. The block should be 9-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make six red blocks total.
5. Repeat Step 4 using blue floral 3-1⁄2" squares, remaining mosaic print 3-1⁄2" squares, and blue Four-Patch units to make three blue blocks.