Assemble and Appliqué Blocks
1. Referring to Diagram 1, sew together a cream or tan print triangle and a black print triangle to make a triangle-square. Press seam toward black print triangle. The triangle-square should be 4-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 120 triangle-squares total.
2. Sew together four triangle-squares in pairs (Diagram 2). Press seams open. Join pairs to make a pinwheel unit. Press seam open. The unit should be 8-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 30 pinwheel units total.
3. Referring to Appliqué Placement Diagram, lay out four prepared pumpkin seed appliqués on a pinwheel unit; baste in place.
4. Using threads in colors that match the appliqués, machine-blanket-stitch or zigzag-stitch along appliqué edges to make an appliquéd block.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 30 appliquéd blocks total.