Assemble and Add Inner Border
1. Mark a diagonal line on wrong side of all yellow print 2" squares.
2. Align a marked yellow print square with bottom left-hand corner of a teal ombré print 5x13-1/2" rectangle. Sew on marked line; trim excess, leaving 1/4" seam allowance (Diagram 11). Open triangle and press seams toward triangle.
3. Referring to Diagram 12, make marks along edges of Step 2 rectangle 4-1/2" from bottom right-hand corner. Connect dots to make cutting line. Using a rotary cutter and acrylic ruler, trim rectangle on cutting line. Sew light orange print position 10 strip, fuchsia print position 11 strip, and light orange print position 12 strip to trimmed corner (Diagram 13); press all seams toward strips. Trim teal ombré print rectangle to 5x13-1/2" including seam allowances, cutting off edges of strips to make a square corner and complete unit A.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make four total of unit A.
5. Referring to Diagram 14, add a marked yellow print square to bottom right-hand corner of a teal ombré print 5x13-1/2" rectangle. Mark and trim off bottom left-hand corner of rectangle. Sew red-orange print No. 1 position 10, fuchsia print position 11, and red-orange print No. 1 position 12 strips to trimmed edge and trim corner square to make unit B. Repeat to make four total of unit B.
6. Align a marked yellow print square with one corner of a teal ombré print 5" square. Stitch, trim, and press to make unit C (Diagram 15). Repeat to make four total of unit C.
7. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, join one each of units A and B to make a short inner border strip. Press seam open. Repeat to make four short inner border strips total.
8. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, join C units to ends of a short inner border strip to make a long inner border strip. Press seams open. Repeat to make a second long inner border strip.
9. Sew short inner border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add long inner border strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward inner border. The quilt center now should be 35-1/2" square including seam allowances.