Appliqué and Frame Basket Block
1. Fold solid ecru 14×15" rectangle in half horizontally and vertically. Lightly finger-press to create a foundation with appliqué placement guidelines; unfold.
2. Referring to Appliqué Placement Diagram, center the red print A basket body and red wool B base, C rim, and D handle on the ecru foundation rectangle; the upper right edge of the basket body should overlap the basket rim. Arrange remaining appliqués and fuse in place.
3. Using three strands of embroidery floss to match each appliqué and working from bottom layer to top, blanket-stitch around each piece to complete appliquéd block. To blanket-stitch, pull needle up at A (Blanket Stitch Diagram), form a reverse L shape with the floss, and hold angle of L shape in place with your thumb. Push needle down at B and come up at C to secure stitch.
4. Carefully steam-press appliquéd block from the wrong side. To prevent stretching, avoid moving the block until it’s cool and dry.
5. Hand-stitch one large, medium, and small button on each light blue check flower.
6. Frame as desired. The featured block is mounted in a 1"-wide wooden frame with a 10×11" opening.