Assemble and Appliqué A Blocks
1. Referring to Diagram 1, sew together two light print large triangles and a dark brown tone-on-tone 1-7/8x9-1/2" strip to make a triangle unit. (The dark brown tone-on-tone strip will extend beyond triangle corners; you will trim the unit after assembling the block.) Press seams toward dark brown tone-on-tone strip. Repeat to make eight triangle units total.
2. Fold each triangle unit and each dark brown tone-on-tone 1-7/8x20 strip in half to find centers; unfold.
3. Matching centers, sew together two triangle units and a dark brown tone-on-tone 1-7/8x20" strip to make Block A (Diagram 2). Press seams toward dark brown tone-on-tone strip.
4. Trim block to 12-1/2" square including seam allowances (Diagram 3).
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make four A blocks total.
6. Referring to Block A Appliqué Placement Diagram, arrange four assorted light to medium print petals on an A block. Following manufacturers instructions, fuse each piece in place. Using dark turquoise thread, machine-blanket-stitch around each appliqué shape. Repeat with remaining A blocks.