Assemble Circle Unit
1. Referring to Diagram 3, layer a Unit B atop bottom edge of Unit A, aligning stitching lines. Pin through stitching lines. Open Unit B to check alignment; adjust and repin, if necessary. Once positioned correctly, sew units together along matched stitching lines, beginning 1" from left-hand edge and stopping at right-hand edge. Trim seam to 1⁄4", if necessary, and press open.
2. Place a second Unit B atop right-hand edge of Unit A, aligning stitching lines as before. Sew together, stitching from top edge to bottom edge (Diagram 4). Trim and press as before.
3. Holding unsewn portion of first Unit B out of the way, repeat Step 2 to add remaining Unit B to left-hand edge of Unit A (Diagram 5).
4. Finish stitching remaining portion of Step 1 seam (Diagram 6). Press open to make circle unit.
5. Remove foundation papers from circle unit with tweezers or blunt edge of a seam ripper, taking care not to tug or pull out any stitches. Press circle unit from wrong side. Center circle unit in embroidery hoop.