1. Use a pencil to draw a diagonal line on wrong side of each blue geometric print 2" square.
2. Align a marked blue geometric print square with one end of a blue small floral 2x5" rectangle (Diagram 6; note direction of drawn line). Stitch on drawn line, then trim, leaving 1⁄4" seam allowance. Press open attached triangle, pressing seam toward blue small floral, to make a left point unit. Repeat to make 16 left point units total.
3. Using blue scallop print instead of blue small floral, repeat Step 2 to make 16 right point units (Diagram 7; note direction of drawn line).
4. Join left and right point units to make a side unit (Diagram 8). Press seam toward left point unit. The unit should be 3-1⁄2x5" including seam allowances. Repeat to make 16 side units total.
5. Draw a diagonal line on wrong side of each dark blue tone-on-tone 2" square.
6. Align a marked dark blue tone-on-tone square with one corner of a light blue floral 3-1⁄2" square. Stitch on drawn line then trim, leaving 1⁄4" seam allowance (Diagram 9). Press open attached triangle, pressing seam toward light blue floral. In same manner, add a second marked dark blue tone-on-tone square to opposite corner of light blue floral square. Add marked dark blue tone-on-tone squares to remaining corners, pressing seams toward dark blue tone-on-tone instead, to make a Square-in-a-Square unit. Repeat to make four Square-in-a-Square units total.
7. Referring to Diagram 10, lay out four corner units, four side units, and one Square-in-a-Square unit in three rows. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward side units. Join rows to make a block. Press seams away from middle row. The block should be 12-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four blocks total.