Assemble Corner Units
1. Sew together a blue geometric print 3-1⁄2x21" strip and a blue print 2x21" strip to make Strip Set A (Diagram 1). Press seam toward blue print. Repeat to make four total of Strip Set A. Cut strip sets into forty 2"-wide A segments. (You will end up using 32 A segments.)
2. Join two blue geometric print 2x10" strips and one blue print 2x10" strip to make Strip Set B (Diagram 2). Press seams toward blue print. Repeat to make four total of Strip Set B. Cut strip sets into twenty 2"-wide B segments. (You will end up using 16 B segments).
3. Referring to Diagram 3, sew together two A segments and one B segment to make a chain unit. Press seam in one direction. The chain unit should be 5" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 16 chain units total.
4. Use a pencil or chalk marker to draw a diagonal line on wrong side of each blue large floral 3-1⁄2" square.
5. Align a marked blue large floral square with one corner of a chain unit (Diagram 4; note direction of drawn line). Stitch on drawn line. Trim excess, leaving a 1⁄4" seam allowance. Press open attached triangle, pressing seam toward blue large floral.
6. In same manner, add a second marked blue large floral square to opposite corner of Step 5 chain unit to make a corner unit (Diagram 5).
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make 16 corner units total