Assemble and Add Inner Border
1. Align a marked corner unit with one end of a multicolor stripe 4x13-1/2" strip (Diagram 9; note placement of orange print triangle). Sew on marked line; trim and press as before. Repeat on opposite end of multicolor stripe strip to make a border unit. Repeat Step 1 to make four border units total.
2. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, sew border units to opposite edges of block. Press seams toward border units.
3. Sew together two multicolor stripe triangles to make a triangle unit (Diagram 10). Press seam in one direction. Repeat to make four triangle units total.
4. Place a marked corner unit atop a triangle unit. Sew on marked line; trim and press as before to make a border corner (Diagram 11). Repeat with remaining corner units and triangle units to make four border corners total.
5. Sew together two border corners and one border unit along short edges to make a long inner border strip (Quilt Assembly Diagram); press seams in one direction. Repeat to make a second long inner border strip. Sew long inner border strips to remaining edges of block. Press all seams toward border.
6. Sew outer border strips to long edges of block. Add remaining outer border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward outer border.