Assemble Quilt Top
1. Referring to photo, lay out blocks in three rows. Sew together blocks in each row. Press seams in one direction, alternating direction with each row.
2. Join rows to make quilt center. Press seams in one direction. The quilt center should be 33-1⁄2×39-1⁄2" including seam allowances.
3. Cut and piece tan stripe 1-1⁄2×42" strips to make:
2—1-1⁄2×39-1⁄2" inner border strips
2—1-1⁄2×35-1⁄2" inner border strips
4. Sew long inner border strips to long edges of quilt center. Add short inner border strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward border.
5. Cut and piece brown stripe 4-1⁄2×42" strips to make:
2—4-1⁄2×43-1⁄2" outer border strips
2—4-1⁄2×41-1⁄2" outer border strips
6. Sew brown stripe 4-1⁄2×41-1⁄2" outer border strips to long edges of quilt center. Add brown stripe 4-1⁄2×43-1⁄2" outer border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward outer border.