Assemble Log Cabin Blocks
1. Sew together an orange print 1-1⁄2" square, dark red print 1-1⁄2" square, and olive green print 1-1⁄2" square in a vertical row to make a block center (Diagram 1). Press seams toward dark red square.
2. Referring to Diagram 2, sew navy or slate blue print and brown print 1-1⁄2×3-1⁄2" strips to side edges of block center. Press seams away from block center.
3. Referring to Diagram 3, add orange print and olive green print 1-1⁄2×3-1⁄2" strips to top and bottom edges of block center. Press seams away from block center.
4. Referring to Diagram 4, continue adding strips to side edges, then top and bottom edges in Courthouse Steps fashion to make a Log Cabin block. Press all seams away from block center. The block should be 11-1⁄2×13-1⁄2" including seam allowances.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 to make five Log Cabin blocks total.