Inspired by Picking Violets from designer Nancy Rink of Nancy Rink Designs
Quilt tester: Laura Boehnke
Machine quilters: Marie Eldredge and Vicki Hoth of Handi Quilter
• 1 yard solid white (blocks, sashing)
• 1⁄4 yard each blue lighthouse print and cream sailboat print (blocks)
• 1⁄2 yard solid dark blue (blocks, sashing)
• 1⁄3 yard solid light blue (blocks)
• 2⁄3 yard solid red (blocks)
• 1⁄3 yard red stripe (inner border)
• 1 yard blue sailboat print (outer border)
• 3-1⁄8 yards backing fabric
• 55" square batting
Finished quilt: 46-1⁄2" square
Finished blocks: 12" square
Yardages and cutting instructions are based on 42" of usable fabric width.
Measurements include 1⁄4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Press seams in directions indicated by arrows on diagrams. If no direction is specified, press seam toward darker fabric.