1. Sew gold stripe 1-1⁄4×34-1⁄4" inner border strips to quilt center’s long edges. Sew gold stripe 1-1⁄4×27" inner border strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward border.
2. Sew navy print 3-1⁄2×35-3⁄4" outer border strips to quilt center’s long edges. Sew navy print 3-1⁄2×33" outer border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward outer border.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing.
2. Quilt as desired. Designer Avis Shirer machine-quilted in the ditch around each basket, basket block, and appliquéd flower; echo-quilted in the blue print rectangle; and meandered in the background of the basket blocks and in the outer border. She also hand-stitched a star on each empty basket and a center vein on each leaf. She outline-quilted 1⁄4" inside each basket (Quilting Diagram).
3. Use black print binding strips to bind quilt.