Inspired by Transitions from designer Kimberly Einmo
Quilt tester: Laura Boehnke
Plan the Quilt Top
Organize your fabrics in the order that you would like them to progress, then label them 1–20. (See Quilt Center Assembly Diagram for reference.) Designer Laura Boehnke chose 20 different prints. She placed the darker prints at the top and bottom of the quilt, then used gradually lighter and lighter prints as she moved toward the center.
• 2—2-1⁄2×42" strips each of fabrics 6–15 (quilt top)
• 1—2-1⁄2×42" strip each of fabrics 1–5 and fabrics 16–20 (quilt top)
• 3⁄8 yard dark brown print (quilt top)
• 1⁄3 yard each brown print and gray print (quilt top, borders)
• 1⁄2 yard binding fabric
• 3-1⁄4 yards backing fabric
• 57" square batting
Finished quilt: 49" square
Yardage and cutting instructions are based on 42" of usable fabric width.
Measurements include 1⁄4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.